Reviewed in the United States on December 7, 2019
Got an echo dot and tried to hook it up to my computer system , which the instruction said I could, after trying several times and downloading software thru the apps store I was told that a needed a wireless device to set up the Dot.
REALLY the reason I wanted this system is that it was advertised as being able to work thru my computer system.
NO WHERE IN THE INSTRUCTIONS or on any website was there anything that said "MUST HAVE WIRELESS DEVICE TO SET THIS UP" to me this is a poor manual as well as a design flaw , not everyone wants to use their phone to set up a system that is advertised as working on a home computer. I mean how hard is it to have your product search and find my wireless system without me having to piggyback it thru another device.
this is why I am giving this a low rating as I am also wondering how many others are giving this as a gift thinking the same thing only to find out that they need to have another wireless device to get this to do what it advertised to do.
I will be returning this device for a full refund and warning others about this.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink