Reviewed in the United States on February 12, 2018
I have heard so many good and bad things about this book! After reading a review I just knew this book wasn't for me. After hearing good things about this book from several book friends I was still not reading. But one day I went on NetGalley, after being in a horrible funk and requested to review. I had this book on my iPad for the longest time and I finally read 4 days before its release. At the 40% mark I found myself NOT hating this book like I thought I would.

This book was so different than what I was expecting. Granted the whole falling in love while she was a minor was rough for me. Several times I kept saying she's a child stop but I also felt their connection. What kind of person does this make me?! Several times I would say aww how sweet but then I remembered Wavy was just a child!!!

This book isn't for everyone and lord knows I didn't think I would like it but I did. Even though there are some uneasy scenes in this book, the whole book wasn't based on their taboo relationship. Wavy and her brother, Donal suffered tragedy after tragedy. No kids should have gone through what they did. Every time things got a little better the rug would get pulled from under them.

This book truly does show all the ugly and wonderful things in life. The story was one of a kind and I couldn't stop reading. The writing was excellent. I would have given it 5 stars but the messing around while she was a minor wasn't cool. This story will definitely stay with me for a long time. I'm happy I forced myself way outside my comfort zone and read this story. I look forward to reading more works from this author.

4.5 Stars