January 29, 2019
I ordered the Sabrent STA to USB cable along with a Crucial 500 GB SSD drive to replace the mechanical drive in my HP Envy laptop. I used the Acronis software that Crucial provided a a link to download. Initially the software recognized the drive and started cloning the drive. It failed as it was completing the operation. I started it again and once again it failed. After the second time the software would not even recognize the drive.

I tried using Windows disk manager it also would not recognize the drive. Also when I plugged in the Sabrent cable my computer was very sluggish and the mouse cursor would not move. I returned both the Sabrent cable and the Crucial drive and reordered any manufacturer's STA USB cable and a Samsung drive. The Samsung cloning software and new cable worked flawlessly.

This is the second Sabrent product I have purchased that didn't work. I also tried a Sabrent video digitizer cable. The software that it came with was terrible and I could never get a VHS tape to digitize properly.
11 comment Report abuse Permalink