May 1, 2015
Do you know what I love, Fallers? A good story about the media. I LOVE the media (mostly because I've spent a large chunk of time as part of it as a journalist). So when I saw this story about falling in love at a radio station... I had to give it a read. I'm giving Dirty Little Secret four stars!
Where do I even start? Probably with the fact that Bert is officially my new book husband. Seriously. The guy is hot, nerdy, has curly brown hair, and is a huge music geek. *Fans self* And here's the thing--Bert really likes Hillary, our kick-butt heroine. Despite a kind of disastrous first date (it was ALL the fault of the horrible venue. And double dates are always weird), the two get into an extremely compromising position...and discover that man, oh, man, do they have some insane chemistry. It's off the charts, people. This book was one of those awesome instances where the couple really, really just felt like they belonged together in a real relationship. Plus, you know, the sex is fantastic. Aside from that, Bert and Hillary are adorable, and Hillary's friends are super cool--the whole book has a very real-world vibe to it, which was great.
The only issue I had with the book was that for a while, it didn't seem to be going anywhere. We get the opportunity to sort of soak in Bert and Hillary's relationship, but there's no major conflict or driving action, which made some of the middle feel bit aimless. Other than that, this book was great. It was funny, sweet and full of heart. Plus, any author that says the Willis Tower will always be the Sears Tower is awesome in my book.

A gifted copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review by Elyssa.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink