Reviewed in the United States on October 15, 2017
I recently moved into an apartment that has laminate floors throughout (except the bedroom). The complex is located in an area that is currently under a lot of construction. This means there is a more than normal amount of dust floating through the air and settling on my floors. I quickly realized my high end vacuum(Kirby) and my steam mop (Shark) were not up to the task of keeping the floors clean. I started noticing the Shark Ion commercials that showed the unit with a bristle brush AND a soft brush roll that could pick up the fine dust. I was researching the Shark models on Amazon when much to my delight a 30% coupon arrived in my mail for a local retailer, so off to the store I went. I was able to touch and test s few of the Shark models. I settled on the Shark IONFlex DuoClean Cordless Ultra-Light Vacuum (IF201). I really wasn’t sure if the unit would meet my needs but figured what the heck I’ll give it a try and return it if it isn’t up to par. WOW was I surprised! Here are my observations.....

Pros:
* Lightweight (relatively)
* Compact (easy to store)
* Cordless
* Multi-Surface settings
* Two Suction Settings
* Narrow Vacuum Head (allows you to get in tight spaces)
* Reusable Filters
* Handheld capabilities for overhead and furniture cleaning.
Cons:
* Short battery life
* Battery requires “cool down” after use before recharging
* Battery charge is approx 3.5 hrs for full charge.
* Small dust cup.
* Unit is unbalanced (cannot be stored in extended upright position) - This makes pausing operation to move obstacles difficult as unit must be leaned against a counter or placed into “Multi Flex” position.
* Accessories (Motorized pet tool, extra batteries, etc) are expensive.

My biggest gripes are that it takes so long to charge between use (with cool down time and charge time it’s about 4.5-5 hrs.) yet you only get about 15-20 minutes of use time on strongest suction setting. This means if you have a large area to clean you will have to do it in phases or buy extra batteries. Accessories are very expensive so buying those extra batteries will put a serious dent in your wallet.

Overall I am very pleased with the unit’s ability to actually clean my hard floors. I don’t really intend to use it for carpet other than an occasional swipe on area rugs as my Kirby is far superior for this task. I would love to have the motorized pet attachment and 1 or 2 extra batteries but for now I’m not willing to fork out that much extra money. If 2 batteries are a requirement for you I recommend going with the 2X (Shark IONFlex 2x DuoClean Cordless Vacuum IF251). As best as I can tell the extra battery and color are the only difference between the two units.

While it’s kinda pricey I’m very pleased with my purchase.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
127 people found this helpful