April 30, 2017
This camera is amazing not just interms of what you get for such low price but overall interms of performance too. Picture quality is very crisp and clear even in low light. I am actually using it as a window cam pointing it outside towards my sideyard which also covers the main entrance of my home. I disabled the power indicator light and also the IR light as there is plenty of street light in that area (& also IR was not going to work through the window glass pane anyways) The only reason I am deducting a star is this 1080p camera lacks the ability to set activity zones.. which is something the lower 720p camera has. The camera is very sensitive to motion detection and detects cars passing which are a good 60-75 feet away. The other reason for not giving this camera a 5 star rating is that the included cloud storage only saves snippets of 6 seconds on the cloud which is not at all sufficient for real world usability. I wish they made it atleast 10 seconds or maybe even 15 seconds.. I would gladly accept storing 15 second videos of last 3 days in the cloud backup instead of the 7 days of 6 second videos if given as an option.
10 people found this helpful