June 9, 2013
I don't know why it took me so long to discover what almost everyone else seems to already know about Bocelli ---- he is the most amazing pop-opera singer I've ever heard! I never thought I liked opera until I listened to him sing "The Prayer" with Heather Headley on YouTube a short while ago. I have been in love ever since; not with opera per se, but with the magically gifted soul-touching heartfelt voice of Andrea Bocelli. He is also as pleasant to watch sing as it is to hear him sing! Even when I don't understand a word he's singing because I don't know Italian, the music moves me. I printed lyrics to many of the songs on this CD so I can learn them and sing along with him because the music is so beautiful and I love to sing. I love the message in a lot of his music as well, such as in "Besame Mucho", "Vivere", "The Prayer", and especially "Because We Believe." If I had to pick two favorites for lyrics, music and melody they would be "Besame Mucho" and "Because We Believe." "Vivere" is a favorite for the musical delivery and the message to "dare to live" life to the fullest. The whole CD and Andrea Bocelli in general blows me away.
17 people found this helpful