The manufacturer commented on the review belowReviewed in the United States on May 1, 2020
I bought a couple of these, buying the disks separate because it was cheaper that way, one for our church office and one for my home network. The primary aim was storage/backup and, at church, a simple file server to share files in our 3 computer network. That all has worked fine for several months now. The remote access feature was to have been a small bonus for the rare occasion when I was elsewhere and found I needed a file from home or church. But during coronavirus stay-at-home I wanted to rely on remote access more heavily. I discovered that it's totally flaky because the WD My Cloud web interface for that access is frequently down, making remote access to devices unavailable. Their "system status" reports are totally bogus, never showing that access is down when in fact it is. So I am gearing up to learn how to implement some other form of remote access solution, like WebDAV. I hope I can make it work on these devices. But if I had it to do over again, I would probably go with something more techy like a Synology NAS instead of trying for the easier but unreliable solution.
3 people found this helpful