Reviewed in the United States on January 23, 2017
I'm a bit surprised at how much I like this combo unit, but I spent a lot of time searching for the right setup, and it's turned out to be exactly what I was looking for.

The Poseidon Oral Irrigator & Sonic Toothbrush combo unit has a small footprint and only one electrical cord for two devices. One of the reasons I bought this unit was that it uses inductive charging, so no charging cords to fumble with and all devices are sealed against water, neat.

The water flosser is easy to hold and use, and yet still has enough water capacity to get the job done if I'm quick about it. If I take my time, yes it will take another filling, but it's really not a big deal because it's so easy to fill. The motor is quiet and yet powerful enough to clean effectively.

It took me a few days of messy use to get the hang of it, but now there is hardly any mess at all, and I know that I've done a far better job than I would have with dental floss.

The sonic toothbrush is amazing. I've found the two minute timer, with the slight pause every 30 seconds to let you know it's time to change quadrants, to be especially helpful. There is no way I would ever go back to a manual tooth brush after using this sonic toothbrush.

In only one week of use, I've already noticed my teeth being cleaner, and the areas where I have "pockets" look and feel better, with my gums tingling after each use and a clean feeling in my mouth that actually lasts for hours.

I can't speak to how long the Poseidon will last, but all pieces seem to be very well constructed, so I have high hopes this will translate into a reliable product. I'll report back at 6 months and 1 year to let you know how it's going.

7-21-17 Okie dokie, it's been about 6 months, and I like these devices even more. Zero problems. The water flosser has plenty of pressure to clean inbetween teeth, and the sonic toothbrush continues to amaze me at how good it makes my whole mouth feel after using.

I will give a few tips. First, I use filtered warm water, not tap. My thought was that most potential problems might occur from mineral buildup in the motor parts, so I figured that since already use a Brita Water Pitcher, that it would make since to simply use filtered water from that. I take a bit over a cup of water, pop in the microwave on high for 30 seconds, and it's the perfect temperature for me.

I only fill the water flosser up once and do my teeth quickly, but some folks might want to use 2 cups of water and do a more thorough job.

Second, I clean the water flosser every 1-2 months, using white vinegar. I fill up the reservoir, rinse it around, and then run it through a complete cycle. Then I take the reservoir off and clean the entire unit with warm soap and water. After drying all parts off, I put it back together and run 1-2 cups of filtered water through it to clean the vinegar from the motor area. This gives me a sparkling clean unit to start the next few months with.

Still highly recommended. I'll report back again at the one year mark : )

5-11-18 Well, it's been a year and a half, I still love this combo unit. My dental checkups are a breeze now, where as before, I always knew there would be some type of costly bad news. I only wish I'd found this unit 10 years earlier. I can't stress enough how nice the inductive charging is, which allows for completely sealed electrical on both units, meaning you don't have to worry about getting them wet and they are super easy to clean. As before, still highly recommended!
113 people found this helpful