October 19, 2019
One of the reasons I decided on a PNY drive is the Acronis software was supposed to be included making transition from a HDD to SDD easy. I have used the Acronis software with other manufacture's SSDs and thought it would be simple. Unfortunately there was not a serial number supplied in any of the packaging, like a sticker on the plastic tray the drive came in. I was trying to get this done on the weekend when I had time, but there is no support for PNY devices on the weekend and Acronis does not support the OEM version of True Image. I now have to find another method of cloning the drive. Not very easy to install. Normally this is a simple process, connect new drive via USB cable, install the software, supply the SN, clone the drive, swap the drive, done. Hours are going to be spent finding an alternative or I have to purchase software that will be more expensive than the drive itself. Thanks PNY.

Update, after many attempts to use various cloning tools I was able to get AOMEI Backuper to work successfully. I had to try 3 different downloads from AOMEI to get the version that does not stop and tell you you need the purchased version to continue. If you are looking at their website be sure to follow the links for Backuper standard edition which is freeware, it is easy to get redirected to the Backuper Professional or Partition Assistant download in which case it will not work without purchasing. Hopefully that will save someone else the hours I spent figuring it out.
3 people found this helpful