July 23, 2017
Extremely pleased with this purchase although it might not be for everyone. Our 15 year old cat can get up and down easily, loves the scratch pads on the steps, and loves curling up in the top perch. She spends literally 75% of every day in it, looking out the window, and snoozing. She is about 12 pounds and fits perfectly on the perch per the picture - if you have a larger cat, it might be kind of cramped for them. Also, as some reviewers have said, it's not as sturdy as other trees we've purchased pre-built at PetSmart. I don't think it is any way unsafe for the cat, but it just might not last as long. The posts are not solid, they are hollow with a wooden cap where the pieces screw together, so you may not be able to fortify it if ever gets really loose. However, it's not like it's being used like a jungle gym as younger cats tend to do, so we certainly expect it to last our her lifetime. I was a little unsure about the "plush" covering, but once I saw it, it's fine. I actually like it better than the carpeting that is usually used on cat trees, and it's much easier to clean out all the cat hair, just a quick once-over with a damp rag does the trick. Putting it together was pretty simple, it took my husband less than 20 minutes. All in all, a great find for us at a super reasonable price, very happy we got i!
review image