Reviewed in the United States on April 9, 2019
I've had a couple of small Android tablets for reading books and newspapers (via Kindle) and general web articles. This beats those tablets for three reasons. First, the pixel resolution is better. Second, the 4:3 screen ratio is better for reading compared to the 16:9 and 16:10 ratios on the other two tablets. Third, It looks to me that Amazon has better IOS than Android Kindle software. The Android software will sometimes get the pages of the newspaper messed up (NY Times) requiring the software to be reloaded. I have not seen that yet with this tablet.

I bought the space gray color with the base 64G of storage. I did pay extra for the 4G capability because I had a low cost subscription from T-Mobile. The nano-sim quickly moved from my old tablet to this one. I have not tried their eSim option. The overall quality and feel is good but it does better wrapped in a slim no-slip case for carrying around. I'm using a Soke case. The screen is supposed to resist finger smudges but I don't think so plus it seems to be harder to clean.

It's certainly pricey compared to other options especially when you opt for 4G. I probably would have bought the WiFi only version if I did not have such a good data subscription. I expect to keep this for several years so I hope the battery lasts or is easy to change.
347 people found this helpful