Reviewed in the United States on January 28, 2019
I bought this for the nursery. The set-up was very simple and self-explanatory. I downloaded MIPC app, and followed all the steps required on the app. Took me about 10 minutes to bring the camera up and working. It connected to wi-fi without an issue. It does take about 2 minutes to reboot when you restart it.
The picture quality is not supreme, but it is very good for the price. See attached pics to show the resolution on min and max available zoom. We mounted the camera on the wall about 6 ft from the farther side of the crib.
The range for the camera is very well enough for most rooms in most American homes. If you live in a mansion with huge rooms, then I think you'll be able to afford a better and more expensive camera.
Motion detector is not the best feature. It sets off alarms when I simply move the camera with nobody in the room. It works occassionally for movements in the room. It is not a big deal for me, since the sound feature works perfectly fine, and that is how you find out that a lil hellion is awake anyway.
The one feature I really dislike is absence of even a short-term auxiliary power (batteries, internal power source etc). As soon as you take it off charger, it shuts off and goes through the reboot process. Needless to say, should your power go off, you are blind. This is my 1st baby monitor camera, so I am not sure if all of them are the same in this feature.
Overall, the camera is worth the money. Of course, when you compare this camera to others such as MIKU monitor that has temp and humidity control, features sleep analysis and unbeatable resolution, you might go with another product. But. MIKU monitor is 400$, and I did not want to spend an excessive amount of money on vidio monitoring, since I will be around all the time. I just needed a bit of help in looking after the lil butt for the times when I am working/chilling outside the house.
I do recommend this product for future moms-to-be. It would work well for pet moms as well, since you can talk back on this camera.
UPDATE: After almost a year of using the camera, I am lowering the rating to a 3-star. It gets really annoying that camera loses connection, so pretty much every time I need to look at the baby I have to close the app completely and reopen it so it would resign me in. Still works, but I will be getting something else.
review imagereview image
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink