The manufacturer commented on the review belowOctober 2, 2019
There is some fundamental problem with Ultra series. I have older version of MyCloud EX2 and it is working great. Based on that experience I order new, Ultra, version and two new WD Red HDDs.
Installation was easy. Building RAID 1, simple. Data transfer, fast. Reading data from disks, impossible. Speed was below 10kB/s. Useless.
Moved new HDDs to my old NAS and everything was great. Moving my old HDDs to new NAS, same data read problem. Upgrade firmware, no improvement. Playing with network settings, no improvement. Eventually, I called WD support (pathetic experience) and they told me that unit is faulty. Order replacement and exactly same problem again.
I believe this is a firmware problem and spend some time searching for older firmware but that did not finish well.
Eventually, after so many hours, I gave up and asked for refund. Now I will order Synology and try my luck with that.

Overall, bad experience with WD NAS (never to buy again), HDDs are working well (as expected from WD HDDs) and WD support is really bad (useless). I expect that WD will fix it thru firmware upgrade however I am done with their NAS products.
2 people found this helpful