The manufacturer commented on the review belowJanuary 27, 2019
To install PaintShopPro2019, you have to have the serial number. I bought mine on CD, so I thought that would be easy to find, right there on the CD label probably. But no, it's not there. It isn't on the box either. I searched these Amazon reviews and couldn't find the location of the serial number there, either. I went to the Corel website and tried to find out there but didn't find out anything there either. I struggled with this for over an hour!

Anyway, just thought I'd let other buyers know that the serial number is on the PAPER sleeve in which that particular CD (of the two included) was inserted. Not the box, not the label, just printed on the cheap throwaway paper sleeve. Yes I feel like an idiot but thought this might help someone else.

As for the software, I bought Paint Shop Pro v6.02 almost two decades ago back when it was sold by JASC, and I love it. I think it was a few dollars less back then, but I sure got my money's worth using it for all these years and amazingly it still worked in Windows 10. I think it is great software and to me it seems so user friendly (maybe because I am so used to it by now). Personally I refuse to buy subscription software so when I saw that a later version of Paint Shop Pro can still be bought without a subscription, I thought I'd update my software.

I gave it three stars instead of five because AFAIK there were no directions either in the box or on the Corel website, telling me exactly where the serial number was.
78 people found this helpful