The manufacturer commented on the review belowReviewed in the United States on January 15, 2019
I'm shocked that these WD cloud devices are rated so high by so many sites. I did a lot of research before buying this WD Ultra EX2. I was tenative about buying because I had a 1 TB device from them about 8-9 years ago and hated the interface and sluggishness of its backup. I bought a Seagate 4TB about 2 years ago that has been great but was now ready to have a wifi cloud in the home to keep on top of all the photos/videos and work stuff that I want to ensure I don't lose. After months of trying to get this to do what it's supposed to do with my Macbook pro, and iPhones, I can strongly say that this device is unreliable and pure JUNK. It never backups everything wether handled manually or through their auto backup process with the phones. Tons of stuff is always skipped over and missed. How can I trust this to back anything up!?! It's painful to know I wasted $400. Thinking I'd eventually get it worked out. I finally decided to contact WD to get a refund but I doubt they will. They'll blame me, my internet connection, or amazon. DO NOT BUY THIS!
52 people found this helpful