Reviewed in the United States on March 17, 2018
We have had this coffee pot for less than a year. It's a great looking machine and I don't mind it being on my counter. In theory, it's also great for those times when you need a single cup vs. a pot. We found right away that the cup side was not for us. Perhaps it is the coffee we use (Costco brand) or the fact that it's a mesh filter, our coffee had a very dark later at the bottom of our cup and it really did taste dirty. Maybe there are paper filters for single cup, but we stopped using it altogether.

The pot portion was just fine, as well, however, we had to clean this with vinegar more frequently than any pot I've ever had simply to get it to make a full pot within the two hours that the warmer stayed on. In fact, currently, we program it to start brewing at 4:30am so that when I get up at 5:30 am, I can have a cup of coffee. (It's at between 4-6 cups at that point.) NOBODY has time for that. It is also leaving two cups in the holding tank which won't come out.

It's terrible and our new Bunn is coming tomorrow. Goodbye Hamilton Beach pot, we will not miss you.
320 people found this helpful