December 26, 2018
Alright, so I'm a tech guy, love anything electronic! I have had CCTV cameras in my house for years. I've been using Swann wired cameras for the most part with mixed emotions. But running new wires to upgrade the system just didn't excite me.

I had been looking at NEST cams since I have the smart Thermostats and Smoke/Carbon-monoxide detectors for a while, but the price is ridiculous! Plus your only option with them is cloud service (an additional cost). Then I spoke with a neighbor who sent me a screen shot from his YI camera. I must say, the quality was pretty impressive.

So I bought a four pack for $119.00 with moderate expectations. Let me tell you I'm super impressed with the picture quality of these cameras. Set up is quick and easy. When I purchased them I had no idea they had audio as well. The audio quality is incredible, plus it's a two way speaker. Purchased 32 GB SD cards for all of them so I didn't need to use cloud storage and it's been working great! I have them set to record all motion and I usually have about 7 days of history on each camera.

Day and night vision are both spectacular IMO. I have attached several photos so you can see the quality both day and night. Side note, I have a couple "indoor cams" mounted outside. To do this I purchased a rubber sleeve/cover from Amazon to make the drop cam weather resistant for outdoor application. It's been through rain, sleet and snow with out issue so far. Link to cover: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FD5XHMP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A couple cons, the power cable is sooooooo short. I had to purchased longer cables for a couple of my installs. No biggie, they are only a few dollars here on Amazon. The app for iOS is very functional, but it has no multi camera view which would be a nice option.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
230 people found this helpful