February 2, 2018
I purchased the Streaming Stick+ after having repeated difficulties and problems with the Amazon Fire TV Stick. The difference in quality between these two products is astounding. While the Fire TV Stick required constant reboots and had consistently poor network performance, the Roku has been flawless and completely without problems. The addition of 4K support is a huge bonus. I'm especially impressed with the connectivity. My room, where I'm using the device, is on a different floor, on the other side of the house from our router, but I've never had an issue with connectivity or performance.
The menu/interface is a little outdated, but I'd gladly sacrifice a flashy menu for good performance. It's astounding to me what a bad product the Fire TV Stick was now that I've switched to Roku. I enjoy the wide selection of channels as well - every streaming service seems to be available through Roku. The voice functionality on the remote works well, and I like that I can turn my TV on and off with the Roku remote as well as adjust the volume. All in all it's an awesome product.
485 people found this helpful