January 13, 2015
My Thoughts:

After We Collided is the second installment in the After Series by Anna Todd. The story begins right where book one ended. A startling and painful betrayal was revealed, and Tessa is devastated! Hardin is determined to prove to Tessa that he really loves her, he's sorry, and has changed. However, as more of his horrific past comes to light, Tessa doesn't know how she can ever trust Hardin again. Hardin enlists the help of Landon, his stepbrother, and Tessa's best friend, in order to win her back. However, it seems like every time Tessa and Hardin seem to be getting along and doing well, one of them end up jeopardizing their relationship. Can Tessa and Hardin overcome their insecurities, jealousy, and immaturity, in order to make their relationship work? Or are they doomed to continue the dysfunctional cycle of breaking up and getting back together over and over again.

After We Collided was filled with just as much drama as book one. The plot was extremely addictive, and I finished reading it in record time. The back and forth between Tessa got a little monotonous after a while, and I kept thinking, "what more could possibly happen?" Well, a lot could and did happen. All of Tessa and Hardin's problems stemmed from jealousy, and insecurity. Not to mention that Hardin has a horrible temper that he can't seem to control. Tessa made a few mistakes due to her own misunderstandings in this segment as well.

I am really looking forward to the next installment in the series. I want to find out what becomes of Tessa and Hardin. Not to mention, that I love the secondary characters in this series, especially Hardin's family and Landon. The ending of this sequel was dramatic, and a to be continued that has my curiosity sparked! On a side note, I love how Ms. Todd refers to classic literature in this series. She has referenced many of my favorites, especially Pride and Prejudice and Wuthering Heights. Tessa and Hardin have so much passion between them! Sometimes it's used in positive ways and other times it's used in destructive ways. My hope is that they both significantly grow as characters, because it is obvious that they love one another, and I would like to see them end up together.

My Rating:

I give, After We Collided by Anna Todd, 4 Unpredictable, Frenzied, Passionate, Destructive, and Addicting Stars!!! This is a series that you will either love of hate, but one thing is for certain, this series is a real page-turner!
2 people found this helpful