Reviewed in the United States on August 19, 2019
I bought this enclosure to house an SSD for a vacation. I generally don't like clear devices, but this one is actually quite handy because it allows me to see which drive I've got inside. (I will be using more of these for more drives later.) The instructions weren't very clear, but it didn't matter because it was so easy to set up. Just slide the case open, line up the drive's SATA connector (it only fits 1 way, mind you, so it's fool-proof), gently press into place, slide the case closed, plug in the USB-C cable, and voila! I plugged it into my Windows 7 PC and the drive was ready for use in 4 seconds. (Windows installs the drivers seamlessly.) I tested the drive and it had 57MB/sec through put vs 23MB when plugged into a USB 2 port. It's very fast. I've been using it all morning and haven't had a single problem with it yet. I'm definitely buying more of these.

Update: I used this drive enclosure for a few weeks while on vacation and it works amazingly well. I even connected it to my smart phone while on the airplane and watched my own movies. Also, I re-tested the data transfer on another PC and got 95MB/sec, so if you get 1 of these enclosures and aren't getting good transfer speeds, use a different USB port/hub and make sure it's USB 3 because while it works fine on USB 2 and even USB 1.1 ports, you'll only get high speeds with USB 3 (or newer).
review image