The manufacturer commented on the review belowMay 31, 2017
Final Update: Amazon refunded my money even though I was well outside my return window. WD, after about a month, sent me prepaid overnight labels to ship back the 3 other devices I had. It's over now, and took 6 months start to finish. I won't buy anything WD ever again.

Edit: This has been a complete headache. 2 months after receiving the unit, both drives failed. WD was able to recover the data thankfully and offered to replace the drives and unit with the next model up (PR2100) which was dead on arrival and had clearly been refurbished.

WD won't refund the purchase, but they keep sending me replacement drives that I do not want. They have stolen my money.

I have a love/hate relationship with this device. It has 16TB! of storage, but I cannot stream it remotely because the unit is not strong enough to transcode video. It is NOT a remote media streaming device. It is a massive home server and nothing more. I cannot access it from a Mac at all, only over my phone, and the videos are choppy or do not play at all. When I contacted support, they suggested I upgrade my brand new top of the line netgear router and offered nothing else toward the goal of getting the unit working properly. If you are looking for a massive home-accessible storage unit, this is a decent buy, however I'm sure there are better options out there.
5 people found this helpful