Reviewed in the United States on August 31, 2019
My husband and I reversed signs and symptoms of type 2 diabetes with a very low carbohydrate diet, and have maintained a keto household for years. This morning I tried out my Euro Cuisine WM520 for making chaffles (cheese waffles), a quick, very low carbohydrate food. Making chaffles is a cinch. All you do is blend whole eggs together until smooth, oil (I use ghee, aka butter oil) and heat a standard (not Belgium) waffle iron, sprinkle shredded cheese on the hot waffle iron (you can use mozzarella for a less savory flavor, cheddar for more) pour egg over the cheese, sprinkle another layer of cheese on top of the egg, close the unit, heat 3-4 minutes and voila! A crispy, tender chaffle! Chaffles are usually made on a Dash mini waffle maker but mine arrived cracked and I wanted larger chaffles anyway, so I searched for a standard waffle maker that makes a thin waffle. This "chaffle" iron promises to be a delightful addition to our keto kitchen. We plan to use chaffles to make sandwiches and more. Enjoy!
2 people found this helpful