Excellent beginner to mid user welder, MIG 175 160AMP 110V Saved me $100+ so far, with just one project
Item arrived physically damaged by the shipping company but luckily I was able to have it fixed since the item was out of stock
I purchased the MIG 175 160AMP 110V which is currently not listed, maybe it's just out of stock right now
- This is an Excellent beginner to mid user welder
- After some practice I was able to weld my exhaust, I am still learning so I don't have very good welds yet but the welds have been holding up really well so far.
- Saved me $100+ so far, with just one project
- This is 110V but my circuit breaker I connected it to in my garage is a 15 AMP and if you turn this up all the way it will trip it with constant use, you may need to tap into a 20 AMP circuit to be safe or turn it back down 1 notch
- The mask as expected is not very good it's pretty difficult to see through it, so make sure you have plenty of light on your work piece
- Comes with a nice small spool of flux wire, wire brush, extra electrodes and fuses, mine did not come with any instructions or a manual but if you email the company they will send you them via email if needed
- I practiced for a while before welding my muffler and still do not have it perfect yet, too much heat or too long in one spot and you burn through your work piece, not enough and it does not produce a good weld. You have to find a good balance, welding is definitely not for everyone but with enough practice you can learn and get better!
- I can't stress this enough, keep safety in mind and always wear eye protection, gloves and use a mask to be safe, keep in a well ventilated area so you don't breathe in too much of this stuff, do not work standing in water or in wet conditions
- Wire feed seems a little inconsistent, sometimes it will push and kind of pulse the speed on you, but you can still get it to do what you want
Overall the value, cost and price range keeping in mind how much you can save or make on doing just one project, this welder is well worth it
I have not hooked up gas yet, there is an option to hook up gas which is very nice and you can get much cleaner welds with gas
*Received this product at a discount for test and review
See some pictures of my muffler project, I still need to wire brush the slag off, it would be much cleaner with gas
30 people found this helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?