December 14, 2018
I wanted to love this machine because I spent at least a year lusting over my friend's but sadly this is not a good coffee maker. After my basic programmable Mr. Coffee of 5 or 6 years started to really show its age, I decided it might be nice to pull the trigger on such a premium device as I drink and enjoy a lot of coffee. I immediately regretted it once it arrived. Yes, the photos are impeccable as it has very good aesthetics. However I found the physical design to be much too large for my countertop. The unit is huge and will look out of place unless you have quite a lot of counter space. On top of that, it's difficult to use. The large physical dimensions combined with the fact that the water is poured into the top made it impossible to use with it placed underneath the cabinets. To make matters worse, the place where water is poured in is tiny so you will spill water on the counter or into the grounds every time you use it. The K-Cup side is a convenient addition but it's very messy spraying and spilling coffee all over the counter every time you use it. Finally, the last thing that irked me, which admittedly many people will easily ignore, is the annoyingly bright display and lighting. The clock display is always on and its bright enough to cast a blue glow throughout the entire room. Probably not a problem if you live in a huge home where the kitchen is far from everything else but in a studio-sized home it will interfere with the darkness. This machine is a massive disappointment given the cost. It appears to be designed by someone who never made coffee before and I am shocked by how much I don't like it.
14 people found this helpful