Industrial Deals Prime Book Box Men's Summer Sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Forest Blakk and Deepend Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outcastS4 outcastS4 outcastS4  Echo All-new Show Mode Charging Dock Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on August 25, 2016
I purchased this blade (12" 60tooth version) because I I was tired of the inaccurate cuts made by my 14" abrasive cut off saw. I was very sceptical because of the relative low price compared to similar blades. Boy am I pleasantly surprised!

I installed this blade on my 12" miter saw with a router speed controller set at approximately 1/3 speed. I made a few cuts in 1/8 x 3/4 strip and it cut like butter. I then moved up to some 1/8x1 1/2 x2" angle, same result. I then needed to cut a piece of 3/4x6" plate and reluctantly decided to put this blade (and the saw) to the test. It took probably 15min to make my way through but I did. I think the biggest reason it took so long is because since I was not using a proper saw I was really taking it easy since using a speed controller will cause a universal Moyer to become easily overloaded if not at full RPM. the results however were fantastic. Smooth, burr free cut that was accurate and only slightly warm to the touch.

Did I just ruin the blade? NO. I then decided to make a couple more test cuts in the 1 1/2x2 angle. Still cut like butter. For another test to see how sharp I still is I decided to try and cut a 2x4 to see how smooth it would cut and if it would cause burning from being dull. It didn't tear through like a wood cutting blade would but produced a smooth burn free cut.

I would highly recommend this blade for the DIYer but I do not know how it would hold up in a production environment. The blade says maximum RPM 4450. Do NOT use it at that high of speed or you will most likely be disappointed in the longevity. Probably the reason for the bad reviews. This blade should be used in a proper SLOW speed cut off saw or at a minimum with a speed controller like I used. All in all I am satisfied with this purchase except for the fact that now I want to purchase the proper saw.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
9 people found this helpful