Reviewed in the United States on December 17, 2015
TL;DR; I chose to return it because of how much it reduced the speed

This is a review of the NETGEAR AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender.

I chose to buy this extender to expand my WiFi coverage in my 2400 square foot, two story home. The current router I own it upstairs, and doesn't reach out into the garage on the opposite side of the house with great coverage.

After using the item for a few days, I am choosing to return it for the following reasons:

1. As you can see in the screenshots I provided, the wifi speed is greatly reduced when connecting through the extender. The top image is the speed while wirelessly connecting on my laptop, while the bottom speed I connected the extender to an outlet in the same location and used my laptop right next to it and it was dramatically slower (around 20% of the speed).
2. I also attached an image of the unit itself, it is quite an eyesore... I don't have a good area to plug it in where it won't be seen, and I'm certain it will not pass the wife's aesthetic test.
3. The WiFi networks it creates have a different SSID than the one it is extending... I think you can login to the device and configure this but as a default that is rather annoying... since it isn't really "extending" the network, it's creating a new one. In my previous experience the extenders always kept the same network name so it was a seamless transition between the two "networks".

My pros for this item, and the reasons I bought it:

1. It was fairly easy to setup on the network, but that could be just because I happen to be using a NETGEAR router already, and the WPS feature works out of the box with the two devices. I can't speak for the setup process other than that.
2. The range seems good
3. It supports both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

TP-LINK N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender (TL-WA850RE)
Customer image
2.0 out of 5 stars Speed is greatly reduced through this extender
By Russell C. on December 17, 2015
TL;DR; I chose to return it because of how much it reduced the speed

This is a review of the NETGEAR AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender.

My pros for this item, and the reasons I bought it:

2. The range seems good
3. It supports both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

Overall, if the speed is not an issue for you, and you merely want to extend your network but *prefer* to have a 5Ghz signal, this should work fine for you. Otherwise, there are many other options for a better price that will work. For example, I've used this one and had great luck: [[ASIN:B00E98O7GC TP-LINK N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender (TL-WA850RE)]]
Images in this review