Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo All-new Show Mode Charging Dock Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno Industrial Deals Best Books of the Year So Far Our favorite denim: shop women's jeans nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc

on October 5, 2013
The kit fits to my 2006 Chevy Aveo.
A tensioner pulley and the other pulley are plastic as same as original parts.
Also fan in water pump is plastic (original is steel).

I've changed it at 50k miles since I see some complain on web about failing belt.
I found the original belt tension was way lower than it suppose to. It was good to find it before trouble happen.

It was first time for me to change timing belt of any car and took me about 2 days for me to finish it.
And half day to re-adjust belt tension (second time was way faster that fist try).

If you are not confident to work with it, you may not want to do it yourself. And you can buy this kit and water pump wrench.
Then call repair shop around your place to find someone who can work with "brought in" parts.
You can save some money by this way.

Anyway if you are novice like me and still want to do it by yourself, followings are things I learn from this time.

1) Order to work with bolts without impact wrench.
Remove crankshaft pulley bolt --> Untighten camshaft bolts. --> Remove timing belt.

2) Crankshaft pulley bolt is difficult to untighten if impact wrench is not used. I watched following video on youtube and worked on my aveo.
"How to use a breaker bar to remove a crank pulley bolt on a passenger facing, clockwise engine. "

3) This kit come with instruction to replace timing belt. But to replacing water pump and tensioner, the camshaft gears and the belt covers at side of cylinder block (inner timing belt cover) have to be taken off.
Instruction in Aveo Forum can be found by searching with "aveo forum timing belt write-up".

4) Camshaft gear bolts need to be untightened before the timing belt removed. So the camshaft won't rotate because the belt is holding it when you untighten it. Just untighten it first. The bolt will be removed after the timing belt removed. I realized it after I took timing belt off. So I needed to re-assemble timing belt again to untighten camshaft gear bolts. It may not be problem if impact wrench is used.

5) I started work with socket wrench set, wrench set and screw driver set. Jack, jack stands and wheel chock.
But all fasteners are frozen, needed breaker bar. I bought a following breaker bar and an adapter.
1/2" female - 3/8 male adapter
1/2" drive-18" length breaker bar

6) Need extension for socket wrench to remove engine mount bolts and others. I bought a set.
3/8" drive 1-1/2 In., 3 In., 6 In., 10 In.

7) To untighten water pump retaining bolts, hex bit and breaker bar are needed. I bought a set.
3/8 in. drive chrome vanadium steel metric hex bit set
3 mm, 4 mm, 5 mm, 6 mm, 7 mm, 8 mm, 10 mm

8) When water pump retaining bolts are loosen, pump shaft may be tilted little bit and changes tension on timing belt.
Tension will be adjusted with slightly loosen retaining bolts. But check the tension gauge again after retaining bolts are tightened.
It will have more tension when retaining bolts are tightened.
Lower tension may damage the belt.
Higher tension makes more belt noise and may damage the belt too.
Because of this, I had to redo tension adjustment again after I hear noise of tight belt on test drive.

9) As others said 41mm water pump wrench is needed.
Lisle 13500 41mm Water Pump Wrench for GM 1.6L

10) Cam lock tool is useful ( I bought it). But when camshaft gears are removed and re-assembled, I still struggle to rotate camshafts in correct place and putting this lock took. Still worth to have this tool.
Lisle 36880 Dual Overhead Cam Lock Tool

11) I personally recommend to replace thermostat housing originally made by plastic. People complain about this part since it seems brake often. I bought stainless one at AutoZone and O ring for it. Original washers on bolts won't fit to this parts (washers are too large and can't take off from bolts) and needed to grind to make it fit. Since coolant need to replace at this work, this thermostat and housing better to be changed in same time.

Good luck.