July 5, 2013
My enjoyment of Tanglewood music on a recent evening which featured Yo-Yo Ma was so enjoyable that I was hooked. Ma played the principal instrument in a performance of Saint-Saens' Andante Cantabile, a melody I love dearly. So of course I went to Amazon's MP3 library to look for it. I found it in the album titled "Essential Yo-Yo Ma", and of course I bought it. (-8 All 35 tracks. (-8 I've been listening to it for days as I go about my other activities, and loving it. It has an incredible range and variety of music, from cello – voice duets with Alison Krauss and Bobby McFarren, to large orchestra pieces, with jazz, pop, bossa nova, folk, and other things I can't even name in between. It even has one number from the Goat Rodeo sessions, and I am struggling with the impulse to buy either an MP3 or DVD of that ensemble. Seeing that unique assortment of musicians having so much fun playing music drives me toward the DVD, as I don't think it is available as a full video, although there are good parts on YouTube.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink