Reviewed in the United States on December 30, 2017
This electric fryer is great! We bought it to use at Thanksgiving to fry our turkey. We fried a 14 pound turkey in it and it was delicious. It was easy to use. Quality product. Clean up was easy too. We followed the advice of another reviewer by putting it on table on our back patio and frying outside, and I'm glad we did. As expected there is vented smoke and tho it smells amazing as its frying, we didn't want that smell all over our house. I suggest if you use it inside to put it by a window for ventilation of the smoke or by a vent that will pull the smoke out. Also, we fried our turkey for the recommended time, but because the top didn't get as crispy as we'd like, my husband turned the turkey over in the basket and dropped it back in the peanut oil for another 10 minutes, and it was perfect. Oh and just a note, if you want to do another turkey that same day, change out the peanut oil or drain/strain it first. We did two turkeys on Thanksgiving (one in the morning and one in the evening) thinking we could just re-use the same oil on the same day without straining it or just changing it. Should have just changed out the oil for new. The second turkey had more of a burnt look on the outside instead of a golden crisp. Still tasted good, but would have been better with fresh peanut oil. I know people say you can strain used oil and re-use, but IMO just buy new oil.
10 people found this helpful