Reviewed in the United States on October 24, 2018
I didn't get a thing out of this book. I don't know if it's just because I'm in my 40's and have dealt with some "heavy" stuff in my life or what, but there was nothing in here that seemed beyond basic common sense to me. Common sense leading to obvious conclusions, surrounded by anecdotes. This book came to me highly recommended and that's why I bought it, but afterwards I felt like I learned more about the individual who recommended it to me than I did from the book itself! If this individual found this (to me) obvious book "so helpful" and "life changing" - how lost in their own mind were they before?

Anyway, it's mostly not terrible, parts are mildly amusing, and it's a quick read - not a "thinker". If you find yourself addicted to social media, feel obliged to keep up with the Joneses, or think that celebrities are amazing role models and you want to change but don't know how, this book might help ground you. Otherwise I recommend giving it a pass - you probably know most of this stuff already and there are much funnier (and deeper) books out there if you're just looking for an entertaining writer who tells stories about their life while dropping a lot of f-bombs.
14 people found this helpful