Reviewed in the United States on December 24, 2017
Update: Mold, serious caving in, and remarkably bad customer service has left me no choice but to downgrade this to a 1 star review. I have purchased several of these and almost every one of them has had a problem sooner or later. It looks like mold is an inevitability with this mattress. And that’s some nasty stuff to breath in 8 hours a day.

I'm going to do everyone who reads this a massive favor. I'm going to tell you how I got the best bed ever, and it starts with this mattress.

Let me start off saying that I have spent an unusual amount of time mattress shopping. I gave up on stores a while ago, and have been testing out the latex/foam options for a few years. The price, durability, and ease of shopping is hard to beat. I've tried all the major options; Purple, Tuft and Needle, Dreamforce, Tempurpedic, etc...

The first Zinus mattress I got was all screwed up (images attached). But Amazon replaced it quickly. The most common complaint on this mattress is it's too firm, and I can see what they're saying. I'm a big (fat, over 300) guy, so I like firm. But most the people who have been in the bed are not so big. So, I decided to take advantage of the fact this was so cheap and went ahead and added two other items.

First,
DreamFoam Bedding DF20GT2066 2" Gel Swirl Memory Foam Topper, King, Aqua Blue  This gel topper is great at keeping things cool, and has a good amount of give to it.

Second,
Cheer Collection Ultra Plush Eco-friendly Hypoallergenic Bamboo Fitted Mattress Topper - King  this pillow top topper adds yes another level of cushion, and yet seems to let the cooling factor of the get topper come through a bit.

Between these added items, I think I have created quite possible the best mattress I've ever experience, far better than Purple, Tuft and Needle, Tempurpedic, etc..., and all for well under $400! It's comfy, firm, and doesn't get too warm.

I have a couple suggestions that I think really help.

First, make sure this sets on a completely flat surface. If you get a platform frame with a mesh bottom, add a sheet of plywood under the mattress. I do feel this makes a bit of difference.

Second, use a mattress cover on the Zinus. This thing should last forever if you don't damage it, so protect it. With the other two covers you'll never actually be touching the mattress. Just replace the toppers every couple years.

A bonus suggestion, especially since this whole set up is so cheap, is to treat yourself to some bamboo sheets.
HotelSheetsDirect 100% Bamboo Bed Sheet Set (King, Dark Gray)  These feel amazing, and they're only $50.

For pillows I'd recommend getting some traditional pillows, as well as some latex filled. The combo is a nice addition. I really stand by this suggestion, so I hope someone finds it helpful. Let me know.

One year update: Matress and pads still fantastic. I rotate it once a month, just as a routine. Still perfect.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
7,462 people found this helpful