February 4, 2019
You can forget about any of these bulbs lasting you 10 years, or even 5 years! I've purchased 64 of these bulbs and replaced all of the bulbs in my house that these were appropriate for. After 10 months, 17 of the 64 have failed. I expect nearly all of them to fail prior to the 3 year warranty period. I've spent the last 2 months trying to get Philips to honor their 3 year warranty and it's been hell. A few tips for those who plan on requesting warranty replacements:

1. Read all of the information below before contacting Philips.

2. They do not honor the warranty for bulbs used in fully enclosed fixtures. What does this mean? Basically, if you pointed a fan at the light from some direction, would the air from the fan hit the bulb. If yes, the enclosure has some kind of opening. If no, forget about requesting a warranty as the tiny print at the base of the bulb says not for use in enclosed fixtures. I'm serious, it's not in the product info or on the box...only in tiny print on the bulb. This is excellent for Amazon shoppers who never have the opportunity to see this until they've accepted delivery and are installing the bulbs.

3. Photograph the box that the bulbs come in. Not the 16 pack tray, but the individual box of 4 bulbs. Photos of all sides and keep them until you need them.

4. Do not try to claim replacement of more than 5 bulbs at a time. You may be requested to send them all in, which is a royal pain in the rear. If you make claims of 5 or fewer bulbs, just e-mailing photos may be sufficient.

5. Philips can be reached at 1-800-555-0050. Once they open a case, then you can e-mail them the required photos.

I buy lots of Philips products. I have many of their Hue bulbs and have not had a single failure of any of them. This particular product just seems to be very problematic. In my case, they wrote me a $29 check for replacement of 17 bulbs. I'll be spending that $29 on another brand of LED bulbs.
22 people found this helpful