Reviewed in the United States on August 23, 2014
I loved this! It was an all around great book! I can't wait to read the rest of the series. I'm so glad that the whole series is out already so I don't have to wait around for the next book! I couple of years ago I had read some not so good reviews of this book and hadn't really considered reading it since then. I'm so glad the reviews were wrong! :-) The overall story was very appealing to me, with the whole Bachelor meets The Hunger Games (kind of) storyline. I totally predicted some things that happened, but I didn't mind at all. <spoiler> Like Aspen ending up at the palace as a guard, which I figured that he was going to be placed there eventually, but I figured Maxon would have requested him to be there (and maybe he did and is playing it like he has no idea about Aspen being there). I also figured that America would start to fall for Maxon, but (I guess) I'm glad that she isn't falling hard and completely for him so quickly (like in most love stories) and forgetting what she had with Aspen (even though I like Maxon more). As noble and great as Aspen seemed at the beginning of the story, I don't think I trust him. I DO NOT believe his story about Brenna "falling into him" at America's send off! And I hope America doesn't end up being written as the kind of character that gets "blindsided" by a guy who was clearly playing her and lying to her. Something is up with Aspen. I don't think he is what he says he is (I also don't think the money he was saving was for him and America to get married). And I'm also not too sure about Marlee. My suspicious side thinks that there is an insider that is helping the rebels, and it could be Aspen or one of the girls (Marlee). </spoiler> I can't wait to read the rest of this series!!! :-)
0Comment Report abuse Permalink