Reviewed in the United States on October 21, 2011
This album will make you grow, either as a musician or an appreciator. This is from the time of highly inspired guitar work that alternates between mellow and frenzied, smooth and percussive. I bought it for Cowgirl in the Sand, which I happened to hear on a classic rock radio station a year ago. I knew I had to have that album. Luckily all the songs are fantastic and they blend together really well to create a very solid album. Not a lot of songs, but each one is a very long and thoughtful voyage.
I was born in the mid-80s, so I have absolutely no business associating with this type of music: but the character of Neil Young and the very spirited contributions of Crazy Horse make me dream I could have been a part of this time. Music was more for performance, unlike the pervasive electronic djs and tape-runners of the new century; yet while it was performance driven it did not have the desperate urge to show off virtuoso skills or one's vigilante image of which the 80s and 90s saw so much. Any person who likes this kind of stuff, especially in this time, will probably have a refined sense of sentimentality, of history, of vintage excellence and style.
19 people found this helpful