April 5, 2019
I was disappointed by Umbrella Academy, Doom Patrol, Legion and others when the writing would start to buckle under the weight of it's forced conflicts or misunderstandings between characters. It started to seem to me that superhero shows just couldn't maintain a consistent quality and I accepted that to the point of not having much expectations each time I watched one. The first season of The Tick was pretty charming and though a comedy, Superian's line to Arthur of "just wanting to be a good person" actually touched me.

This season was even better. I'm extremely grateful to have been able to enjoy the witty dialogue, cheese and interesting developments this season brought forward. Silly as it was, I almost got teary when they made the speech about choosing love over fear.

The characters are so likable and I'm glad they gave a little something for everyone, including Dot, Kevin and their Mother. This kind of fun and heart was just the kind of show I was looking for. Can't wait for more.
139 people found this helpful