September 1, 2016
I get a lot of use from Jane Adams's Gentle Yoga (previous release). When I saw that she had a new dvd, also filmed at Glacier National Park, I ordered right away. For background: I am not a senior or even a beginning exerciser. That said, I am rehabbing a knee injury and am rebuilding endurance and balance, and focusing on feel-good movement. Balance & Strength is a great complement to the Gentle Yoga dvd. Several of the practices use familiar movements from Gentle Yoga, but there is a lot of new variety and new combinations. You get a great amount of content for a small price tag here! The production is not high tech, but the blue skies and lake and mountain views, as well as Adams calm demeanor, totally make up for it! So far, my favorite is the 17 minute seated practice; it is great for first thing in the morning when my feet/ankles are a bit stiff and I just want some gentle moving and stretching. The 31 minute Stationary Balance/Chair Core workout was a surprise hit for me (I usually hate core work). The upper body and lower body strength practices are adaptable for beginners through intermediate. There are also a couple of Tai Chi practices, which I haven't fully explored but am looking forward to. All in all, a great dvd for beginners/seniors, but also practical for exercisers of all levels (rest day/recovery day/etc).
260 people found this helpful