Reviewed in the United States on December 20, 2018
I became a fan of Tony Riches when I read his book entitled Owen. Since then, I have waited patiently (that's a lie...I've never been more impatient in my life) for each new book release. When I heard that he was writing a book about Charles Brandon, I was beyond excited. His story is a favorite of mine, and I couldn't wait to see the author's take on it. Tony Riches is impeccable in his research, and is always fair, impartial and thorough with every historical character he takes on. And Brandon was no exception to this rule. He fleshed out Charles Brandon beautifully, giving us as the reader a unique perspective into Brandon's head and heart. I walked away from this novel with a profound sense of familiarity towards Charles. He now resides permanently with me, taking up residence right next to Owen, Jasper, Henry and Mary Tudor. Thank you, Mr. Riches, for being an author!! **I received this novel as a gift from the author. I was not required to give a positive review, all thoughts and opinions are my own.**
4 people found this helpful