Reviewed in the United States on May 1, 2017
This is the first time I followed along on my kindle book while I listened to the audible version. It was an enjoyable and relaxing way to hear the story. This was also my first Dugoni book. It's a standalone and that worked for me. I don't venture towards series books because of the commitment to read them in order, and the need to read a book that might not be so good in order to get to a book that may be great. So, I haven't read his well-reviewed series yet. However, I really enjoyed this book. I enjoy Dugoni's knowledge of procedure and I think his use of description is excellent. His metaphors are good and the description doesn't run on... just enough. The only reason I declined to give the book 5 stars was my irritation at the last quarter of the book. Not the ending... that was good. But there were certain actions that weren't credible, and from reading other dugoni book reviews, this may be a flaw of his... not enough to dissuade of from reading his good books however. When hero's go into ridiculously dangerous scenarios without backup, I begin to cringe. The author explains away this behavior, but then, seconds later, it is repeated. All in all, a good read.
13 people found this helpful