July 7, 2014
This toner cartridge come on time, at a much better price than that offered by the office superstores. It was indeed a genuine Brother cartridge, installed as per directions and has been working great for several weeks.
Update 2/28/17: I'm now on my sixth replacement cartridge; so far all are genuine and have worked well. Overall I've averaged just over 2300 pages per cartridge, including the original starter cartridge. I've replaced the drum once. Still love my HL-2270 DW printer, it has outlasted several computers.
Latest replacement did not come with free return label to recycle the old cartridge. Had to do a little research to determine that Brother's cartridge recycling program continues. Go to the Brother site and print a prepaid label to return the cartridge for recycling. Unfortunately, creation of an online account is required. They require an e-mail address, but allow you to opt out of additional mailings. No idea of whether they'll honor the preferences -- I gave them the junk mail account I empty every few months...
Update 2: The recycling program has become more of a pain in neck -- you need to provide a cartridge number before sending. I'm a bit peeved, and removed a star, since the ability to recycle easily and without spending a lot of time doing it was important to me.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink