Industrial Deals Prime Book Box Our favorite denim: shop women's jeans nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc AWOLNATION Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo All-new Show Mode Charging Dock Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on June 29, 2016
Okay I've been on a trash can kick recently. I decided that the normal tall kitchen can that I keep under my sink is too large and takes too long to fill up. In other words, if I throw away any food items, my old tall kitchen trashcan starts to stink yet still has plenty of space in it for more trash. So I decided to search for something smaller that would fit in my second kitchen sink so that I don't have to open a cabinet door or bend over to throw away pieces of lint or trash.

I started with just a small simple open 1 gallon trash can that I said into my extra kitchen sink. It was fine, however I didn't like being able to look into the trash and it did not contain any of the smells. So then I decided to look at small step activated trash cans at Walmart and Target. I tried those and they worked ok. But I quickly grew tired of having to lift the lid open every time I wanted to throw something away. So my search continued.

I next tried the smaller 2 gallon version of this ninestars wastebasket. I liked it a lot, however the space inside was very small because the mechanism that opened the lid took up approximately a third of the space inside the can. So I like the small one but I didn't like the capacity of it. So my search continued.

Finally, I found this one! This 3 gallon model is the perfect size to fit normal grocery store bags that you bring home food in. I have tons of these bags and now they fit perfectly in this trash can and the auto open and close lid is awesome! No more touching a dirty trash can lid or having to wash my hands constantly before opening or closing the trash can. Now I just wave my hand in front of the sensor and the lid opens smoothly and in goes the trash! Now I toss out the trash every few days when the can gets full and I've discovered I no longer even use my old tall under sink kitchen trash can anymore.
6 people found this helpful