Reviewed in the United States on October 14, 2020
I had high hopes. I wanted to love it. Initially, it connected "paired" immediately with my phone. great, right? It does NOT connect with my daughter's phone and it's actually for her phone. It comes with an auxiliary cord, which she has to use in order to get it to play her music. In actuality she could just buy an aux cord for a few bucks instead of spending the money on this. So we've been using it for my phone. After a short trip, it no longer stays connected, often takes a few tries of unplugging and plugging back in to get it started, other times, it just inexplicably stops working. It'll say on the display that it's paired, but it's not working. At all. As for volume control, you have to crank the volume up on the phone in order to have somewhat good volume, and if you just try to address volume with the device, it'll be very quiet. Next is the fact that this can't be used as a bluetooth for speaking on the phone.... not a big deal considering in the description and reviews, that is not this device's function. However, if a phonecall comes in while it's plugged in, you have to unplug it in order to talk on the phone. You can't put the phone to your ear, and you can barely hear the other person, even on speaker. All in all, this device is more dangerous to deal with than just dealing with whatever is on the radio because it requires a lot of fiddling around with it, unplugging it, plugging it back in, all while driving, which I will not do, so then it just becomes a useless object taking space in my console. It's not hands free if you're literally constantly needing to fumble around with it while driving.... and unless you're planning on just parking the car to listen to music, it defeats its own purpose. When it did work for that one short drive, it was nice. But since it's just constantly failing, I'm returning it.
Report abuse Permalink