Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 18, 2016
Seems like such a basic product, so what's to review? Well, the construction is definitely very nice. Solid stainless means no worries on rust. It is a very nice size for a diverse number of uses.

I certainly bought this to cool baked goods, but I also had meat in mind. I haven't tried this rack for it yet, but one of the reasons I bought it was to "bake" a thin disk of Italian sausage for use as a topping on a "Lou Malnati's" style deep dish (Chicago) pizza. Based on prior experience with lesser racks I am certain this will get the result I want.

What else?

Well, my first use was also for meat. I am currently (4/16) using it to dry age a beef strip loin in a spare refrigerator. It is holding up nicely to a 12.5lb (and shrinking) "primal cut". The rack provides ample air flow through the grid and the stainless surface is antimicrobial. Didn't have this in mind as a potential use when I first bought it, but it is working great.

The rack seems sort of pricey for what it is - until you realize it will last a long, long time and be useful for a variety of things. I see a second one of these in my not too distant future.
What's this?