The manufacturer commented on the review belowReviewed in the United States on January 4, 2018
This mattress has a really, really strong chemical odor. I let it air out for 5 nights before trying to sleep on it, I woke up coughing and sneezing with a swollen throat. Just being within 10 feet of it I can still smell it and my throat begins to get scratchy. I'm not sure what "all natural" ingredient it is that does that, but I don't feel safe sleeping on it. On the plus side it was very comfortable and I slept well until the sudden chemical awakening. (I am a heavy guy 350 pounds and 6'3" and it was fine for me). A lot of reviews claim there is no smell, so if you're willing to risk that, the mattress itself is comfy anyway. If you plan on returning this, there is no way to get it back into the box or wrapped because the cover (which you aren't supposed to take off for health reason supposedly) moves too much. The non specialists may tell you that the carrier will take it without packaging it, but this is not the case as it goes against (at least ups) policy. After about five chats with amazon I was able to get them to refund it without returning it, but be forewarned you can only do this once. Amazon customer service was great and I recommend dealing directly with them, the specialist team was finally able to give me straight answers and help me out. Ups was terrible.
29 people found this helpful