Reviewed in the United States on December 16, 2012
I am not an audiophile, but I really like good sound. I listen to mostly classical and folk music, and I find the sound these speakers put out to be extremely precise and clear. They do not have the resonance of the Bose speakers I had before, but they are more balanced (less base-heavy) and also more precise.
The Bose speakers I had before seemed to have a richer sound (more concert hall-esque). The Bose speakers also had better imaging (if I understand the term correctly- they seemed to project the sound from some concert hall recessed in the room.) The sound out of the A5's seems to emanate from about three feet in front of the speakers.

They're larger than I thought they'd be and very heavy.
I personally like the fact that they had no visible logo.
Set up took all of ten minutes, despite the fact that I am not experienced with anything beyond computer speakers. The instructions are very clear.
They come in soft, high-quality fabric bags that will be great for transporting them later.

My only gripe is that they occasionally emit a fairly loud pop (maybe once every three hours at random intervals. Electrical surge? Don't know.) The pop seems to be getting quieter, though, and I have hopes that it may disappear.

I have a large apartment with a very high ceiling and the speakers fill it effortlessly, even though i have never turned it up past midway (trying to be considerate with the neighbors who I share a wall with.) They are extremely powerful little guys.
4 people found this helpful