REALLY disappointed in this item, and will be requesting a refund. I had it less than a day and got less than 20 minutes of use out of it before I had to turn it off and unplug it to avoid it starting a fire. It was the only item plugged directly into a wall socket and turned on to medium heat level at the '1' setting and the cord began to overheat and a burning smell came from the plug and wall socket. The wall socket has NEVER had issues before. We tested the socket and there is nothing wrong with it, it is the unit itself. Thank goodness I was nearby to turn it off and unplug it before it potentially caused a fire. This is a defective item that could have destroyed our home within the first day of getting it! SAD!