Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 10, 2014
Worked like a charm and saved me a few hundred dollars, I cross threaded the first few threads when I tried to to use a thread restorer Because of the restricted hole location, my mechanic wanted to remove the manifold to re re-tap the hole properly.
To make sure the tap started straight, I inserted a wooden dowel in the hole and noted the dowel's orientation and then I started the tap as close to this position as possible. So as not to start the tap cross threaded, I inserted the tap so that it's top thread was a few threads below the top and slowly expanded it while gently rocking. It was obvious when the tap engaged properly. I expanded the tap and turned it back and forth. I repeated this, expanding the tap a little at at a time on each try until I needed pliers to expand any further. Then I ran the tap out. After that the oxygen sensor was easy to install.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink