Reviewed in the United States on July 14, 2015
I took a chance by buying this DVD because I was looking for something different from what I would normally watch and I'm so glad that I bought it. I've watch parts of it at least twice a week because it's just so refreshing to see a performer who doesn't do or say anything offensive in their show. I'm a fan of great singers like Garland, Sinatra and more modern ones like Celine Dion, Michael Bublle and Josh Groban and others and I've heard of Kristin Chenoweth, but I hadn't really followed here career. I heard the soundtrack to this DVD and decided that I wanted to see the concert and seeing it is better than just hearing the soundtrack for sure. Some of the highlights include her song Popular sung in several languages in her fun, quirky way. Another shining moment is when she has a young girl come on stage and they sing a duet of For Good and the girl delivers her part like a seasoned pro and then Kristin invites choir students from her old high school to perform her rendition of Upon This Rock and that was really uplifting. I would love to see more of her live musical performances if someone would just release more of them on DVD, especially the Broadway performances. Surely, some of them were filmed. They really need to be released, please!
One person found this helpful
Report abuse Permalink