January 30, 2019
I purchased a Concept2 Rower after debating whether to get a cheap $200 rower or try to find a used Concept2 rower.

Why I decided on the Concept2 Rower is:
1) I wanted to mix up my cardio instead of just using the treadmill multiple times per week. My family has a strong history of heart disease so trying to keep my workout sessions from getting boring where I feel like its a struggle to get myself motivated.
2) All the online reviews say this is the gold standard that any serious rower uses meaning it is a high quality piece of equipment.
3) Durability reviews say it is unmatched with many commercial gyms and crossfit boxes using these exact machines every day holding up to years of use and abuse. So I don't think my usage with routine maintenance is going to ever stress this machine.
4) Resale value: I looked for months on craiglists for a used one. When I did find one, I had to drive a couple hours to save $75-$125 off the price of a new one. The used ones were multiple years old but were still going for that high of a price.

Impressions so far:
The assembly was a breeze. I watched the video before it arrived, but it took my about 10 minutes total. You screw in 8 screws for the front leg supports and attach the rail. The rail attaches and detaches very easy for storage. I have a dedicated space so I don't need to store it, but there's a couple nice storage accessories (Rogue and other companies) to store it along a wall if space is an issue. The machine is well built and a nice change of pace for my cardio workouts.

I would highly recommend it. Their online community is very active so you can get workout plans for beginners and submit videos for critique on your technique if you choose.
9 people found this helpful