Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on August 15, 2011
I did a lot of research when I decided to purchase a 4-wheel rolling walker. I decided on this model for a number of reasons. First, it was reasonably priced...I do not know how long I will need the walker for and I didn't want to spend a fortune on one, especially sight unseen, but I also was looking for quality.

I am 5' 0" tall and I wanted something that would work well for a person my size. This exactly fits the bill. If the seat were any higher my feet would not touch the ground, but at 18" this seat is the perfect height. I would warn, however, that the description says this would be a good size for someone up to 5'4" and I find that hard to believe as I have the handles set at the highest setting for myself. So unless someone taller has really short legs I think they would probably be more comfortable with the next size up. But this one works perfect for me.

I was concerned that it would not fit through the doorways in my home after reading some other reviews online, but it goes through every door with room to spare, so I needn't have worried.

I was also concerned about the weight of this walker as it seems like no two places listed it as the same weight. I haven't weighed it myself, but I think it is about 15 lbs...maybe less...very manageable for me. I didn't feel like I needed something really heavy duty, but I also didn't want something flimsy. I think that once I am able to drive on my own again that I will be able to get this in and out of the car myself.

The seat is very well padded. I haven't had an opportunity to use it much yet, but it appears to be very comfortable.

I read some reviews that stated that you could not lock the wheels (or that they didn't know how) but this walker comes with a very easy instruction booklet that tells you very clearly how to lock the wheel. I find it very simple. Instead of pulling the brakes up like you would to break, you push them down.

The 8 inch wheels are great. We have a lot of uneven thresholds in my house so going into each room there is a bump, but this goes over them very smoothly and I don't feel unbalanced at all when going from one room/type of flooring to the next.

I love the pink color and am very glad that amazon still had one left in stock when I decided to make this purchase. Obviously the blue or red would have worked just as well but I am 27 years old and I figured I might as well get a fun color if I could.

The walker arrived exactly on time with the estimated delivery date. It was also VERY easy to put together. I cannot stand without holding on to something, but I was able to put this together without any trouble while sitting on the floor. The only pieces you need to "put together" are the back rest and the two handles, all of which just slide right into place. You have to adjust the handles to the correct height for yourself, but that is very simple.

And it works VERY well. It rolls very smoothly and I find that I am able to walk twice as far as I could with a 2-wheeled walker because I am not wasting energy dragging the walker along. I also walk with a much more normal step so that instead of taking one step, stopping, dragging the walker along the floor, and then taking another step...I am able to just take normal steps (one foot in front of the other) and push the walker along in front of me.

All and all I am VERY happy with this purchase as it fits my needs perfectly. I had to do a lot of searching to find decent reviews of this walker online so I wanted to make a point of writing one on amazon.com once I received mine.
0Comment| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?